5 Ayurvedic tips to improve focus
Struggling to focus is an epidemic affecting many people worldwide. If you struggle to concentrate, you definitely aren’t alone! The problem is how we treat it – many adults are band aiding the problems with pills and energy drinks, but they are actually just making it worse by prolonging the symptoms.
Ayurveda works with the body rather than against it. Instead of relying on artificial potions, try some of these natural remedies.
1. Eat properly – Winter is a perfect time to eat more whole foods that are nutrient-dense. Fill up on whole grains and omega-3 fatty acids like pumpkin seeds and oily fish – as well as delicious hearty winter staples like stews and soups. Add herbs and spices to improve mental clarity.
2. Stick with your regular routine – having a daily morning and evening routine will help you start each day off on the right foot. When you are consistent and wake up and eat at the same time every day without skipping meals you will be more alert and have higher concentration during the day.
3. Meditate daily – Starting your day with peace and calmness will carry these qualities on for the rest of the day. Also, reducing your screen time will help you feel less stressed and more at peace.
4. Nostril breathing – this is a simple breathing technique that will help calm your mind and increase focus during the day. Close off the right nostril, hold the breath in for one or two seconds, then release the left nostril and allow the breath to flow out of the left nostril. Pause for a moment at the end of the exhale, then reverse this:
5. Self-massage – warm oil and start from the top of your head and work your way down. Work in the direction of the blood flow. Once you have done your whole body, let the oil soak in for 10-15 mins then go have a relaxing bath or warm shower.
$130 Usually $150 (save $30)
Purchase a package of 5 treatments for $600 (saving $150)
Gift a treatment to your friends and family, or keep them all for yourself!
Male Therapist Now at the Spa
Due to popular demand for a male therapist, we're happy to announce he will be available for treatments at the spa on Wednesdays and Fridays. We have a special offer of $99 for July only for a therapeutic massage so book in your husband, son, and friends. These spots will get snapped up fast so make sure you book ASAP before they are gone. To book: Phone (09) 360 0007